Intro to Wet Felting- Make a plain, flat, piece of felt to use as a background for needle felting, for embroidery or stitching or as a first lesson into the infinite world of handmade felt!
Makes two 8” x 12” pieces of plain felt suitable for needle felting, embellishing, embroidery or stitching. Your choice of colour. It is easier to use two colours for your first attempt.
Contains: Instructions only.
“These are the absolute best and easiest instructions that I have ever followed. Very clear and easy to understand. Step by step and I didn’t feel “lost” at all during the whole process! Thanks!” Michelle (never felted before)
Intro To Wet Felt - Instructions only
- merino wool roving- minimum of 60 g total. It is helpful for at least 20 g to be a different colour. (Make sure it is not superwash)
- bubble wrap- small bubbles- 24” x 30 “ minimum
- foam roller or dowel- this can be a piece of foam insulation for plumbing pipe or a dowel or whatever you can find in the garage or hardware store. Approx. 24” long. 1-2” diameter.
· Old towel without much pile left, or a tea towel or piece of old sheet.
· Extra towel or sponge for sopping up water.
· Mild dish soap
· Water bottle- with a drink cap or holes in the lid.
· Warm water
· 2-4 L bucket or bowl
- template- use a piece of dark plastic garbage bag and cut a rectangle 17” x 11” and then a notch at 12” x 8” (to check final size)